Wednesday 11 December 2013

After Yesterday's Post - My Personal Experience This Year

When so many people put you down, it is hard to keep faith in yourself and to know what your true worth is. I just got to remember that it's not just about getting hit, it's about how hard I get hit and get back up again.

2013 has been full of it. Nothing beats you down harder and more repeatedly than life. That's why it is important to just get up after every hit you take, even if it comes unexpectedly. In fact, it comes unexpectedly most of the time, so you can't even prepare. I've learnt that people in life just suck. 9 out of 10 people that you're going to meet are going to screw things over for you. It is the 1 out of 10 that needs to be realised and kept in your life, because they are the ones that know your worth and your full potential. Not because they have to say it, but because they know what you're made of.

I've fucked up, made bad decisions, even got into bad situations out of my control without anyway to foresee. As a result, I was much worse off than what I could have been. The bad times are there so you can get through other bad times stronger than you previously did. It has no doubt been a shit house year for me, but the experience may be worth it in the future. Who knows, 2014 may be worse for all I know, but it could also be better. God works in strange ways, but I just have to keep getting up.

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment